Breastfeeding coalitions are groups formed to enhance the support, protection and promotion of breastfeeding in a given region or state. There are several international coalitions as well as a US coalition. Many states have their own coalitions and there are local or regional coalitions inside the states. These organizations should and usually do work together to support and provide training resources, advocacy and other support for healthcare providers, moms, and other relevant groups.
Another group of associations that are closely related are the Lactation Consultant Associations. These are also international, national, and statewide organizations. The focus of these organizations is more on providing professional resources and advocacy for the profession of Lactation Consultants. To find links to these organizations, please go to the USLCA website, where there are links to the various state chapters as well as the International Lactation Consultant Association.
- Florida Breastfeeding Coalition
- Alabama Breastfeeding Committee
- California Perinatal Quality Care Collaborative
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia
- Georgia Breastfeeding Coalition
- Massachusetts Breastfeeding Coalition There are
many resources available here, such as documents and handouts that you can download and print.
- New Hampshire Breastfeeding Task Force
- New Mexico Breastfeeding Task Force
- Breastfeeding Coalition of Palm Beach County
- Tampa Bay Area Lactation Network
- Breastfeeding Task Force for Los Angeles “The Breastfeeding Task Force of Greater Los Angeles is dedicated to improving the health and well being of infants and families through education, outreach, and advocacy to promote and support breastfeeding.” Look for the Breastfeeding Resources link for further info about handouts and resources.
One resource available here is the 10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
- CSRA Breastfeeding Coalition (Augusta, GA)
- Breastfeeding Coalition for Boone, Clinton, and Montgomery Counties (Central IN)